Wednesday 10 October 2012

By Joy Ubeku (At Home With Joy).Please tell us about your Gambian trip.
First of all, it’s my first time of traveling out of the country, thanks to Kennis music.
Then my tour of Gambia was fantastic. I stayed like 17 days there. The country is full of life, so many lovely people. That period was also their president’s birthday so I also went to his house for the event. Jim Iyke was also there.
Were you in love when you sang “love song”?
Laughs, well it’s for all African ladies. Truly they need to be appreciated, but the inspiration came from Baba Keke. I went for a meeting and at the end of the day the advice he gave me I made use of it. Fortunately for me Master Craft was in the studio on that day making the beat and it was supposed to be for Jaywon but because he was too lazy to sing on it, Master Craft asked me to sing on it and that was it.
What is the latest about you?
I’m preparing for my for UK tour.
Is Kennis Music really using artists?
Well, I don’t know what people mean by they’re using us. Was it that they asked them for money and they refused, or are they supposed to sign all artists that want to sing? If you must know, since I joined Kennis music my life has not been the same. There are great developments. I’m living a life every young guy/artiste out there wishes to live.  And don’t forget that Nollywoodgossip is interviewing me today and this is made possible because I’m with Kennis Music.
Tells us about your love life.
I’m single until I’m not, too many girls on my neck but the truth is I’m taking my time because these days, as an artist, you will hardly find true love. Ninety-nine percent of them are after money and fame. They’re looking for ways to appear on papers, TV shows, etc. They don’t care about your heart.
What kind of music did you listen to back then and how do they differ from what you listen to now? 
There is this artist I can never forget. I remember my girlfriend then, anytime I go to her house for dinner she would ask me to dance to the artist’s song or else there won’t be food, lol. I’m talking about Daddy Showkey, the galala dance king. I still wish he will bring something soonest.
Can you marry a prostitute?
True love can come from anywhere prostitute or not. Is it because they are on the road that’s why we call them prostitutes. What about the ones who call themselves runs babes? It’s all prostitution and there are so many people who got married to these girls because of love. As a matter of fact, I have seen someone who got married to one and today they are happy together. If God wants to use me to change someone so be it.
Shout out.
Thanks to Kennis Music and to all Kennis crew, I love you all. To my mum, she is the best, to all the bakololo ladies, one love, and to Nollywoodgossip, God will make you guys bigger.


No comments:

Post a Comment