Monday 19 November 2012

9ice to release another double album in March 2013

Nigerian pop singer 9ice has revealed that he will be releasing another set of double albums in 2013 after performing a similar feat with the release of his double album ‘Bashorun Gaa‘ and ‘Versus‘ in 2012.
Speaking with The Vanguard, the Alapomeji Records boss disclosed the name of the albums as ‘CNN‘ and ‘GRA‘. The LPs will drop in March 2013, exactly one year after the release of his fourth and fifth albums.
My tradition is to release the title of my album long before it is released because I don’t believe in secrecy. I’m releasing a double album like the last one I did‘, 9ice told Opeoluwani Ogunjimi.
According to 9ice ‘CNN’ means Cancelling Numerous Negativity while ‘GRA’ means Galvanizing Right Ahead. Both albums will contain eight tracks each making a total of 16 songs.
And as to what inspired the names of the albums, 9ice says:
There has been a lot of negativity about me of late. So I’m using one to cancel all negative stories about me spread by my enemies. The other is a charge to move ahead no matter what have been said about me‘.
He also disclosed that there will be an Alapomeji All Star album which might tentatively drop in December of next year. It will feature the label’s acts rapper Seriki, pop singer Allan B and female soul singer Kayefi.
9ice has released five albums so far – ‘Certificate‘, ‘Gongo Aso‘,Tradition‘, and the 2012 double albums ’Bashorun Gaa‘ and ‘Versus‘.

No comments:

Post a Comment