Monday 19 November 2012

‘I’m not evil’ – Empress Njamah accuses the media of painting her bad

Sometimes, we forget our celebrities are humans too: they cry, laugh, smile and have the same feelings we experience.
Empress Njamah has reminded us, while pouring out her heart on her Facebook wall some days back.
The actress has accused the Nigerian Press of poor journalism in ‘order to make money’.
Timaya’s former lover went on the social network on November 7, 2012 to profess her innocence while also explaining to her friends and fans that the negative news said about her are not true.
Never judge a book by its cover; I am a typical example of that. When people who have read or heard a lot of negative reports about me meet me, they are always shocked. Some will even render their apology, telling me, “Empress, I am sorry, I didn’t think you were this kind of warm, Njamah wrote on her Facebook wall.
She also blamed the press for ‘misinforming the masses in order to make money’.
You see with the way people painted at me especially the press, anyone who has not met me before will think I am a devil. The function of the press in society is to inform, but its role in decadent society like ours is abused by misinforming the masses in order to make money. If you believe everything you see and hear in the news, then, you can as well believe Obama is a grandmother‘, she said.
Calling the society a hypocritical one, Njamah says ’Our society is full of hypocrisy. Apart from the fact that acting nude is alien to our culture, there are so many things happening in our society today which are not part of our culture. The same people who would love to see you look decent are the same people who would go behind your back to criticise you. That’s our society for you. Yes, if my society is not all that hypocritical, I will do it‘.
Njamah has failed to steer away from controversy – from Kleptomania allegations, to dirty fights with Timaya and all, she’s fed us more than enough of her private parts… And she’ll definitely pass as the most controversial of the Njamah siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment