Wednesday 7 November 2012

Another Sad New: As Six(6) Storey building collapse in Accra, the capital of Ghana


200 Trapped as Ghana Shopping Centre Collapses in Accra [FIRST PICTURES]


Many people are believed to be trapped under the rubble (Twitter/SchBoye)
Many people are believed to be trapped under the rubble
Many people are feared dead after a shopping centre collapsed in the Ghana's capital, with many people believed to be trapped under the rubble.
It is thought the top three floors of the six-story Mel com mall came down. It is reported around 200 people could be trapped.
It is not yet known if there are any deaths as a result of the collapse. A rescue operation is currently under way in the Achimota neighbourhood of Accra
Eyewitness told us:  "I was very close to the mall because I was going to buy something only for me to see the building coming down.
"I had to run for my life. I was so terrified. I believe there are lots of people trapped under this because this is a heavily patronized shopping mall in the area."
The cause of the collapse it still unknown but another witness, but another witness, said he heard a loud bang before seeing the building fall

No comments:

Post a Comment